Wednesday, September 29, 2010

it's the final countdown.....again! Ugh

Today my nurse is coming to take out my picc line.  Now that should be a fun feeling.

Tomorrow I have a 6-8 hour neuro ophthalmology appointment.  Yeah I Have been to a regular eye doctor but because I am wonder woman and have super power vision I have to go to a special eye doctor.

Then on the 7th I have my cat scan for the hole in my head and an appt with my neurosurgeon after that.  Then I find out when I get my diamond encrusted platinum plate in my head.  That day is going to rock my world because it is the one year anniversary of my falling down and cracking my head and basically making the greatest mistake of my life.  One friggin year and all this crap is happening on that day.  It is just too damn weird.  I mean I knew I was going to have to have a one year follow up.  But all this other stuff, the CT scan and trying to figure out when my next surgery is going to be is a bonus.  Oh the stuff I do to see my easy on the eyes neurosurgeon.  HAHA!!  The one year follow up in a normal world would just be checkin me, making sure I was mentally ok and did not have any major TBI issues like rage, major memory loss, bad cognitive skills, speech impediments, or any other shit that could have gone down with TBI.  That is why I call myself Wonder Woman.  I am not as effed up as I could be.  I am effed up for sure, but not as bad as I could be.

I hope this surgery is somewhat fast.  They technically want to wait 6 weeks after the picc line is out to make sure the bacteria is really dead.  I kind of want the surgery now.  Just order my hott ass pimped out plate and install it.  Get it done now and not in November or whatever.  I cannot stand the idea of ruining the holidays yet again!

Sometimes the guilt that comes along with this whole situation is the worst.  I feel like I say sorry over and over all of the time to everyone for all different things.  I am just sorry for it all.

Anyhoo, enough distracting myself.  The nurse should be here soon to strip me of my line.  UCKY!!!  Good stuff.  But hell, this shouldn't be too bad with all I have been through.  Bring it!!!

So this is the final minute countdown for the picc line removal.  And starting the final countdown for the rest of my doc appts coming up and for my re-birthday.  Re-Birthday is the anniversary of the beginning of TBI,  That is how some of us TBIer's roll.  I am gonna be 1 years old going on 32.  :)

2 comments:

  1. KARA,
    U R SO WONDERFUL IF I WAS GOING THROUGH WHAT U R MAN I DON'T KNOW WHAT NAME I WOULD PICK FOR MY SELF. WONDERWOMAN UR,I PRAY FOR U DAILY FOR I KNOW GOD IS WALKING U THROUGH ALL OF THIS AND YES HE IS GONNA MAKE U WHOLE GOD BLESS U WONDERWOMAN I LV U.MIM THOMAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad your picc is out--my son s tbi one year anniversary is nov 7th-and he s 32--synchronicity

    ReplyDelete