Monday, September 13, 2010

Yakkity Yak

So today I started my day talking on the phone with someone I never met before.  She is me, but in another state.  We are the same person.  It is so cool.  She also has brain injury and we bonded on the support group site and have gotten closer and closer.  It is so cool.  We understand each other.  She is high functioning brain injured too.  We seem to have some of the same deficits and frustrations and the same wicked sarcastic sense of humor!!!

Then I had to get off of the phone with her because my home care nurse came in to take my blood and check my picc line and all the other cool stuff that hard core cool 31 year old females need to have done.  And my nurse is me in scrubs!  Pale, freckles, another wicked sense of humor.  She is awesome, except for the fact that she is part vampire always taking my blood!  And I like her because she supports me in my career choice.  Or what I want to try to do since i am STILL LOOKING FOR A JOB!  (ok, I am going to get off of that subject because I tend to go off the banger)  At least I have some control and class.

Then I was on the phone with another friend whom I have never met before in person.  Yeah, I am jabber jaws with strangers.  Stranger Danger!!!  HAHA...see what happens when I am left to my own devices??  

It just sucks being a social being and not having a job.  I think that is one of the reasons I like my doctors appointments so much because then I am around people during the day when others are at work.  And I can't just sit and watch tv.  I cannot do it.  Well I have it on for noise as I live on facebook.  I am on FB so much because it is an activity.  It is not just sitting and staring at the tv, there are buttons to hit and different pages to look at etc.  Yeah an activity, but a lame ass one.

I now have the cleanest apartment known to man.  Cleaning is going to be my new hobby.  Maybe I will start a maid service.

I am actually proud of myself for one thing today.  I went balls to the wall and took myself on a drive.  Yeah for most "normal" people that would not be a big thing, but for me that was awesome.  Some background.  After my original injury I was not allowed to drive until I passed a State Evaluation.  I passed that eval and then we had the friggin winter from hell!!!!  I couldn't get off of my street if my life depended on it and i was too damn scared to drive.  Then finally I was driving, baby steps and getting more and more confident.  And then bam!!!!  My galbladder exploded and I was on driving restrictions because of the meds.  And then 2 days after I was cleared to go back to life BAM had skull surgery and was restricted because of meds again. And now I am working on building up my self confidence with driving again!  So yeah, I went for a random drive, with no real destination which is also a BIG step for me.  I normally have to have a route planned out and visualized before I can go anywhere.  But not this time!  *HIGH 5*

1 comment: