Thursday, September 9, 2010

The beginning

I figured since I have so much free time on my hands I might as well do this.  I have been thinking about it for some time and now I am doing.  Thinking is overrated.  I obviously do not think things through too well.  If I did, I would not be where I am today.

Yes, in October I was in a motorcycle accident.  You can ask me questions about it, but I do not remember it at all.  Hell, I don't even remember being on the bike.  Well, I do remember getting on it and then getting off of it.  So how I smashed my head is beyond me.

Folks, I have a Traumatic Brain Injury.  I have had 3 different brain/skull surgeries in the past 11 months.  But I am still alive and kicking and as sarcastic as ever!  I am a very high functioning TBI'er.  Yes, I know I am lucky to be alive so don't tell me that, but I still don't like my new life.  The new life of mine since I scrambled my brain.

There have been many ups and downs since the accident.  Some of the ups, which may seem strange, but if you ever had a brain injury or know anyone else with one, these little things can be ups.
  Taking my first stand up shower, not having to use a shower seat!
   Being able to complete reading a book!
  Using the treadmill
  Passing the state evaluation to be able to drive again.
  Finally being able to go to the grocery store without feeling so overwhelmed and freaked out
  Multi-tasking just a little bit
  Getting off of LOTS of meds.

  Yeah these are some of the ups that I remember.  (yeah there are more, but sadly with scrambled brain the memory is not the same)

   This is just the beginning of my ramblings.  Hope you all will enjoy my ramblings because I have nothing else to do so there may be a lot!
 

2 comments: