Thursday, February 17, 2011

new docs, new ramblings....

Sitting on the porch suckin up the sun and having wind blow through my scarred up head is kinda cool.  Listening to the kids at recess is nice,but hurts at the same time.  Damn living next door to where I worked.  UGH......  I am so diggin this weather.  I hope it stays.

Yesterday saw a new doc.  Saw it for all my mouth/jaw issues.  Maxillofacial surgeon.  So far no surgery needed, just jaw exercises.  But I will be honest, I kinda got snippy, with him.  He just couldnt believe that I am TBI.  At least he didnt say the H Word.  High Functioning, but he was kind of blown away by me.  I finally lifted up the one part of my hair so he could see the shaved part under neath and the scars and then I also said  I AM NOT GABBY GIFFORDS but I am TBI!  Pretty sure I said it loudly.  Think I kind of scared him for a minute.

I have been getting a bit better with my driving and my confidence with that, so I am proud of myself.  But yesterday was kinda hard.  First nice day meant a few motorcycles and crotch rockets out.  It is not the first time I have seen them since my Genius idea to get on one and smash my brain something fierce, but yesterday it kind of bothered me.  It was a weird feeling.  Guess the PTSD is finally kicking in in that aspect.  I was just getting angry,scared, worried, every time I saw one.  What if they crashed, what if they hit me?  What if I hit them??  OMG it was nuts.  But I will get over it, because that is what I do, I get over everything.  What kind of Wonder Woman is scared of motorcycles??  

No comments:

Post a Comment