Saturday, February 19, 2011

50 First Dates

Someone posted something on facebook the other day about 50 first dates.  And then i posted the song Forgetful Lucy or something like that.  And today I decided to watch the movie.

I used to love the movie.  Used to laugh hysterically and kind of feel sorry for the character Lucy (FYI, character is one of the words I cannot spell any more since my scramble)  So I watched it today...I laughed at some parts and then suddenly at one part in the movie I lost it.  SOBBED HYSTERICALLY.  That never happened before during this movie.  But I just started to cry.  WOW, I was kind of expecting to maybe tear up a bit, but I was not expecting the full onslaught.  It was intense.  Part of it was a pity party and part of it was an ass kicking that I should stop bitching about my life, that it could be worse.  That I should be happy for what I do have.  But honest  to god, it was an emotional roller coaster watching it.  At one point I almost turned it off, but I kept it on, because I am Wonder Woman after all and I needed to be able to watch the whole thing.

Sometimes people ask me why I post so much stuff on here.  Why I don't keep some stuff to myself, and the simple answer is.  BECAUSE.  yeah, that is the 9 years old answer. I just do it because I don't care.  I have no shame, I share it all.  And lots of times it is because I spend so much time alone, this is my way of "talking"

And I do it this way so that I remember too. These are things I need to remember.  I might remember a movie made me cry, but I might not be able to remember which one.

One thing i did today which was cool and I was proud of myself.  I walked Frick Park and then Schenley Park.  I drove with no plans really.  I drove kind of in a stupor.  Well, maybe that is not a good choice of word, but I drove at one point without a plan.  And I was getting all turned around and confused, but I got myself to my destinations. At one point I was yelling at myself in the car saying "Don't Limit yourself because your brain is scrambled Hoban...don't mother effing do it!!!!!!"

So props to me for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment