Thursday, October 13, 2011

I should have been a stamp collector, it would have been cheaper than doctor collector

2 years of ups and downs and all arounds and doctor collecting.  Seriously, if I was a better nerd I would have collected stamps.  At least I could have sold them to other nerdy collectors and made money instead of spending money out the wazoo for co-pays.
In 2 years I have/have had:
Neurosurgeon
Physiatrist (rehab doctor)
Primary Care
5 Physical Therapists
3 Occupational Therapists
2 Speech Therapists
Maxiofacial
Therapist
Psychiatrist
2 Neuropsychologists
Gastrointestinal
Infectious Disease
Ear Nose Throat
Neuro Ophthamologist
2 Audiologists
Home care nurse
And the newbie to the list is
 Pain Management.  Welcome to the team!

I think that is everyone.  If I have missed anyone, I am so sorry, no feelings hurt.  I did not do it on purpose, I have TBI.  Hell, its impressive I came up with all of that in the first place.

If anyone is in need of any of these kinds of doctors I will sell mine to you for $45,000 a piece.  All of them except my neurosurgeon and Primary care.  They are easy on my eyes, so let me have my fun while I have to have them on a team for me.

Please don't try any stupid stunts at home in order to try to be as cool as me to have all of these doctors, nurses and therapists.  It takes a ridiculously strong willed person and a very stubborn person to put up with this kind of horse shit and not let it completely knock you down.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement but I guess getting a pain management doctor is better than the alternative of surgery again.  Though I did say to my neuro that he is disappointing me since I have been aiming for a minimum of 2 surgeries a year since 2009.  But so far in 2011 I have not had any surgeries!!  Hopefully, this will become my new normal again.  For a while surgery was my normal, I kind of like the change of no surgery.  Though I will be honest, I miss the awesome drugs after surgery! :)

It is what it is, right folks?


No comments:

Post a Comment